This project aims at the creation of employment among the young micro-entrepreneurs of the informal economy and the development of a training programme for the unemployed underprivileged youth in technical and entrepreneurial skills in Nairobi. The programme will enhance the participants’ entrepreneurial skills and help them to start and consolidate their business.
More specifically, the action aims at:
- Reinforcing the technical and managerial skills of the small and micro-entrepreneurs operating in the informal economy;
- Establishing the Department of Small Businesses of the Eastlands College of Technology so as to have appropriate means to conduct the training;
- Designing a modular system of technical training so as to make it suitable for the informal sector actors;
- Designing hands-on tools for teaching business (case study) and teaching technical skills in accordance with the needs of the informal sector
- Increasing the income and improve the socioeconomic outlooks of the small and micro-entrepreneurs;
The budget of the project is 69.000 euros.